For your consideration.
UDPATE 2: We’re considering scheduling an open enrollment land nav class, interest dependent, for September. So, if you want to learn land navigation, using either compass listed below, shoot a note over to us. We have a 12 slot minimum; cost: $100 per registrant.
- Navigation tools nomenclature and correct use (USGI Lensatic & Suunto MC2 type compass, protractor, UTM scale, and map).
- Azimuth and back azimuth determination.
- USGI Lensatic Compass Bezel Ring use.
- Natural or manmade occurrences that degrade compass accuracy.
- Topographical map marginal information identification and use.
- Correct identification of grid squares by four digit coordinates.
- Grid Plotting: Four, six, and eight digit grids.
- Grid and Magnetic Azimuths.
- Declination impact on grid azimuths; conversion of grid and magnetic azimuths using provided map declination.
- Modified Resection
- Plot and execute a predetermined route finding each point provided within the given time limit without becoming lost.
Confirmed registrants will be provided a link to purchase their training…
View original post 840 more words